Volcano in Mexico erupts – level 1
Here is news from Mexico. There is a volcano there. It erupts. Smoke comes out of it.
This is the volcano’s 30th eruption. People live around the volcano. They are ready for evacuation.
The volcano interests scientists. They often come out to the volcano.
Difficult words: erupt (to begin to explode), eruption (the moment when a volcano erupts), evacuation (a situation when people must leave their homes because they are not safe).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Is there an active volcano in your country?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos