Waffle-Falafel in Israel – level 1
In Israel, a restaurant is trying a new food idea. It is very popular. It has ideas from Israeli and Belgian foods.
The restaurant changes the food that it normally uses. It normally uses chickpeas and pita to make food that is like a sandwich. Now, it uses a Belgian waffle. The waffle is made out of falafel.
Half of a waffle with food inside costs about £6.30 or $8.17. People like the food. There is a long line in front of the restaurant.
Difficult words: chickpea (a pea that people use in Middle Eastern and Mediterranean food), pita (a bread that you can open to put food inside), Belgian waffle (a large waffle made in a machine that has small squares), falafel (a food made from chickpeas and usually eaten in pita).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos