Walker’s daughter sues Porsche – level 2
Paul Walker was an actor. People know him for his role in the Fast and Furious movies.
The actor was a passenger in the Porsche Carrera GT. A friend of his was driving when they hit a pole. The car became quickly on fire. The actor could not leave the car because he was injured. He died. This was in 2013.
Paul Walker’s daughter is suing Porsche. She says that the car is not as safe as it should be, and that her father died because of this.
Difficult words: furious (extremely angry, or full of energy), pole (a long metal or wooden stick which holds something), sue (to take somebody to court because he or she did something wrong to you).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about Paul Walker’s death?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.