Walt Disney World – level 2
Walt Disney World is a company that runs theme parks around the world. Many parks had to close because of the coronavirus. Now, the situation is getting better, and they can welcome first visitors again.
The company started to reopen its Disney shopping and entertainment center in Orlando, Florida. However, it is necessary to control the situation to stop the spread of the coronavirus. This means that all guests and employees must wear face masks, and every person must undergo a body temperature screening.
Throughout the parks, there will be more places where people can wash their hands. Organizers temporarily canceled large events, such as parades and shows.
Some theme parks in Florida, such as SeaWorld Orlando and Legoland Florida, will start to reopen in June. The Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom will reopen in July.
Difficult words: theme park (a large public place with rides and games, that have a common idea), undergo a screening (to get a test to see if you are sick or have something wrong), temporarily (for the moment).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.