Walt Disney World – level 3
Disney´s theme parks in Orlando, Florida, have been shut down since mid-March because of the coronavirus pandemic.
The company plans to reopen Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom on July 11, and Epcot and Hollywood Studios will open their gates to the public on July 15.
To prevent the spread of the coronavirus, all guests and employees will be required to wear face masks and undergo temperature screenings. Also, more hand-sanitizing stations will be installed throughout the parks. Anything that draws a crowd, like parades, shows, and character meet-and-greets, will be temporarily stopped. Park capacities will also be limited upon reopening.
The company has already begun its phased reopening of its Disney shopping and entertainment complex in Orlando. Other theme parks in the state, including Universal Orlando, Legoland Florida and SeaWorld Orlando plan to reopen in early June.
Difficult words: hand-sanitizing station (a place where people can clean their hands), character meet-and-greet (when people can meet a movie character that they like), capacity (how many people can go into a place), phased (divided into more steps).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.