Wearing Slippers in School – level 1
British children wear shoes at school. One primary school in England reads a study. The study is about wearing slippers in school.
The study is ten years long. It covers 25 countries. It says that wearing slippers at school is good. The classrooms are calmer and quieter. Children do better in exams. They come to school earlier and leave later. They also read more. In some classes, there is less bullying.
The school likes the change. Some teachers wear slippers, too.
Difficult words: study (a text by scientists), slippers (house shoes), bullying (attacking somebody who is smaller than you).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos