Whale Cameras – level 3
People can see minke and humpback whales in an amazing new way with an ingenious filming technique: researchers attached cameras onto the whales.
By using suction cups, the researchers attached digital tags to the whales’ backs, and the digital tags have sensors and a camera.
The researchers hope that the tags will bring information on the whales’ feeding areas in Antarctica and bring them more protection, as well as give a rare glimpse into their world.
Difficult words: minke whale (a type of whale), ingenious (very clever), suction cup (a device that sticks very well onto something else), digital tag (an electronic device that collects information), sensor (a thing that records information), glimpse (a short look).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.