When Will Sports Start? – level 1
People love sports. People go to stadiums. They watch their favorite teams play. However, now, the situation is not easy. The coronavirus stops many games and sports.
Now, people want sports back. They want to know when sports can start again. Experts must think carefully. Every sport is different. Some sports are indoors. Some are outdoors. In some sports, players are in close contact.
In the US, some sports are starting again. These sports are golf and car racing. In these sports, players are not in close contact. Also, less fans watch them. However, in all sports, fans and players must follow strict rules.
Difficult words: stadium (a place with many seats where some sports take place), indoors (in a building), outdoors (in the open air, not in a building), close contact (when people are close to one another; close contact helps a sickness go from one person to another person).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.