White tiger kills a man – level 1
This happens at a zoo in India. It is about a student. He is 19 years old.
The student is at the enclosure of a white tiger. He jumps over the fence. He is now in the same area as the tiger. It watches him for 15 minutes. People shout at the tiger. They want to make it go away from him. It does not help.
The tiger takes the student by the neck. It kills him.
Difficult words: enclosure (closed area for an animal to protect it and keep it one area), fence (something like a wall), take (grab).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this incident?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos