Wild Animals in Town – level 2
Around 100 wild goats came to a town center of a Welsh town. The goats usually dare to come only when the weather is bad. However, currently, the streets are empty because Wales is on coronavirus lockdown.
The animals took this opportunity, and they spent the past three days eating garden hedges and flowers. Local residents worried, and they called the police who tried to get the goats together.
However, the next morning, the goats came back. They laid on lawns, and they enjoyed the sunshine. It was not dangerous because the streets were unusually quiet, so local residents decided not to disturb the goats.
Difficult words: dare (to be brave enough to do something), opportunity (a good chance for something to happen), disturb (to stop the quiet or rest).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos