Wildfire in Chile – level 1
There is a big fire in Chile. It burns 1.2 million acres. Strong winds spread the fire. This is Chile’s worst wildfire.
Ten people die. Around 7,000 people lose their homes. More people are in danger. They must leave their homes.
We do not know how the fire started. Maybe somebody started it.
Difficult words: burn (destroy by fire), spread (make bigger), wildfire (big forest fire).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos