Wind Turbine in Germany – level 3
A truck was transporting a wind turbine blade on a motorway in north-eastern Germany, but the blade fell during a rear-end collision and crushed a truck.
The whole motorway came to a halt, causing severe delays in both directions, and the driver of the lorry, that was following the vehicle transporting the blade, was injured.
Difficult words: rear (in the back), halt (stop), severe (very long).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos