Winter help to Ukraine – level 1
An important meeting takes place in France. More than 70 countries and organizations meet. They want to help Ukraine.
Winter is very long and hard in Ukraine. Also, Russia destroys Ukraine’s power lines. People don’t have enough electricity and gas. The country needs help.
Officials agree to send 1.05 billion dollars to Ukraine. This money will help Ukraine fix its power lines. It will also help get water and food to cities.
A part of the money is for the health sector and transportation. This help will last from December to March.
More and more countries help Ukraine. Ukraine’s prime minister thanks everyone for the help.
Difficult words: power line (a big cable which has electrical power), sector (a part of a country’s activity), transportation (move things and people from place to place).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos