Woman on a clothes hanger – level 1
Here is some news from China. It is about a woman. She is drunk. She moves out of her window. She gets onto a clothes hanger.
The woman sits on one metal bar. She holds two other bars. Firefighters move quickly to help the woman. They put a safety belt around her. One bar breaks, but a firefighter catches her. She is saved.
The woman is around 20 years old. We don’t know why she did this.
Difficult words: drunk (not well because of alcohol), bar (long piece of metal), belt (piece of leather or textile).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Have you ever been drunk in a dangerous situation?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.