Woman on a clothes hanger – level 2
Firefighters rescued a drunk woman in China. She was stuck on a clothes hanger which was outside her window. The woman sat on one of the iron bars of the hanger and held two upper bars.
Firefighters rushed to the building, and broke into the home. They put a safety belt around her just as the iron bar broke off. Fortunately, a firefighter caught her before she fell.
The woman in her 20s did not answer any questions. We don’t know why she got onto the clothes hanger.
Difficult words: drunk (a person who drank a lot of alcohol and does not act safely), bar (long piece of metal), rush (move quickly).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Have you ever been drunk in a dangerous situation?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.