Woman robbed on camera – level 1
This news is from Brazil. A person from a TV show films a woman. She stands on a street. She gives an interview. She talks about crime. Suddenly, something bad happens. A man tries to rob the woman. He wants to take her necklace.
The woman is fine. The man does not steal the necklace. Police come, but they are late. The man is gone. Crime is a problem in the area.
Difficult words: suddenly (quickly), rob (take something of the woman’s), necklace (nice and expensive thing you have on your neck).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Have you ever been robbed?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.