Women and CPR – level 1
A person has a cardiac arrest when his or her heart stops working. This is very dangerous. You can help this person by giving him or her CPR.
When you give CPR, you press down on the person’s chest. You massage the person’s heart like this. You breathe into the person’s mouth, too.
Scientists do a study. They study how many people give CPR in public. They find out that women get 23% less CPR than men.
Some people want to know why. People use models to learn CPR. The models look like men. They do not look like women. The people think that this reason can be why. They make the Womanikin. You put the Womanikin on the model. The model looks like a woman, not a man, with the Womankin.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.