Women protest in Argentina – level 1
Women in Argentina protest. They don’t like the femicide and gender violence there. Femicide is an attack on a girl or woman because she is a woman. Gender violence is an attack on a man or woman only because they are a man or woman.
Last year, femicide happens every 35 hours in Argentina. Most of these women die because of domestic violence. This violence means their partners or husbands kill them.
Women in Argentina say that police don’t care. Many women tell the police about their problems. The police do nothing. Politicians also do nothing.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.