Wooly mammoth in Michigan – level 2
A farmer from Michigan was digging in his soy field when he made an amazing discovery. He found a wooly mammoth skeleton.
Experts from the University of Michigan soon took control of the site. They said that the mammoth was an adult male, probably in its forties. It probably lived between 10,000 and 15,000 years ago.
One student from the university found a piece of a stone tool. People also found three large boulders near the skeleton. People probably killed the mammoth.
Difficult words: site (a place), tool (a thing which is used for something), boulder (a large piece of rock).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Have you ever found anything interesting?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.