World Breastfeeding Week – level 3
Over 300 women launched World Breastfeeding Week in Manila by participating in a mass breastfeeding event. The women joined an event called ‘The Big Latch On‘ which is part of World Breastfeeding Week where women nurse their babies for over a minute.
“I joined this campaign to empower women because I want to become a role model also of other women that breastfeeding is not impossible. Everything is possible through the right information, through proper guidance, and it empowers women. Women are not any less of a mom if they cannot breastfeed. They just ask for help and the right guidance.”
‘The Big Latch On,’ an event along with World Breastfeeding Week, is aimed at promoting breastfeeding, offering support, guidance and nutritional information to mothers. The campaign, which is held on the first week of August each year, also aims to highlight the barriers in societies around the world that prevent women from feeling at ease breastfeeding their children in public.
Difficult words: launch (to start), latch on (when a baby gets its mouth into the correct position around the nipple to breastfeed), nurse (breastfeed), empower (to give power), barrier (when you feel like you can’t do something).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.