World War One soldier – level 1
Scientists find a body. It is a soldier’s body. He died during World War One. He was between 20 to 25 years old. Scientists also find his clothing and things. We know that he was German.
He was found in a fortress. This fortress is in France. It is important.
Over 16 million people died in World War One. It began in 1914 and ended in 1918.
Difficult words: scientist (clever person who is an expert in something), fortress (large, strong building for war).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Is there anything good about a war?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos