World’s first photographer – level 1
A man was born in 1765. He was born in France. He took the first photograph in the world. The taking of this photograph took 8 hours.
The man took 16 photographs. He took them in the 1820s. Three of his photos are now on show in a museum. You can go see them.
The man called this heliography. That means drawing with the sun.
Difficult words: was/were (past of is/are), took (past of “take”), -ed (this puts “call” into the past tense).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Amazing, isn't it?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.