World’s largest ferris wheel – level 2
Last week, Dubai officially opened the largest and tallest ferris wheel in the world. There was a big show to celebrate the opening.
The wheel is called Ain Dubai, and it took more than six years to build. It is 250 meters tall, and workers used 11,200 tons of steel.. The steel center of the wheel weighs 1,805 tons, which is the same as four planes. The wheel stands on an island, so it was necessary to drill in the bedrock underneath, to make sure that the wheel would not fall down. There are 48 cabins, and each of them can carry 40 people.
Dubai is the business center of Western Asia, and the tallest building in the world is also there. Millions of people visit this building every year, but the wheel will make the city even more attractive for tourists.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.