World’s longest suspension bridge – level 2
Last week, the longest suspension bridge for pedestrians opened in the Czech Republic.
People took two years to build the bridge between two mountains in the Kralicky Sneznik mountain range. The bridge is 721 meters long, and it is more than 1,100 meters above sea level. It is in a mountain resort near the border with Poland, about 200 kilometers east of the city Prague. 500 people can be on the bridge at one time, but it is not for everyone, since the bridge hangs up to 95 meters high.
Some people criticized the structure, and they said that it was too big for the area. They were also afraid that the bridge would attract too many tourists to the nearby small town.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.