World’s Scrabble Champion – level 1
Scrabble is a popular game. Each hour, people play 30,000 Scrabble games around the world. Only one player can be the best.
There is a world championship. People from 26 countries play. A 27-year-old Australian wins. He wins £7,000.
The people make some unusual words. For example, ‘obvs’ and ‘asinico’. Obvs means obviously, and an asinico is an idiot or a fool.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.