World’s Tallest Bridge – level 1
This news is about a bridge. It is new. It is in China. It connects two Chinese provinces. Without the bridge, a journey takes 4 hours. With the bridge, the journey takes only 1 hour.
The bridge is 565 metres above the ground. It is a suspension bridge. A suspension bridge is a type of bridge. The bridge in China is the tallest bridge in the world of this type.
The bridge opens before the end of the year. There are many tall bridges in the Chinese province.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.