World’s toughest mountain bike race – level 1
The HERO is the hardest mountain bike race in the world. The race is in Selva Val Gardena. It is a valley in the middle of the Dolomites Mountains in Italy. It is a popular place to ski, bike, and trek. Beautiful rock towers are there.
The race has two routes. One route is 86 kilometers long. The other route is 60 kilometers long. Leonardo Paez from Colombia wins the longer race. He wins in 4 hours and 33 minutes.
4,120 people are in the race. Some of them are professional bikers. Others are amateurs. Amateurs race for fun.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.