Yemen Peace Deal – level 1
There is a civil war in Yemen which last four years. There are separatists who want more control in the government.
This brings many problems between the separatists and the government. The two sides are a part of a coalition. However, their relationship is not very good.
Now, there is hope that the problems stop. The Yemeni government signs a deal with the separatists. The government wants to control the separatist soldiers. It wants to stop the fights.
Officials say that the deal can help end the civil war.
Difficult words: civil war (a war that people in a country fight against other people in that country), separatists (people who want to be independent from a country and they fight for it), government (a group of people who lead a country), coalition (a big group of different political groups that work together in a government).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.