Young people buy clothes online – level 2
Depop is a shopping app which young people and influencers use to buy and sell used clothes.
More than 30 million people from 150 countries use the app, and some experts believe that Depop will have a big impact on global companies which sell clothes.
One of the people who sells clothes on Depop is 20-year-old Moira Campos. She has about 40,000 followers and selling clothes online is her job. Moira and her brother buy used clothes, take photos of them, and then sell them. They make about 5,000 dollars a month by selling clothes online.
Young people like sustainable shopping because it is better for the planet. Yet some people argue that money could become more important than the environment.
Difficult words: influencer (a person who makes his followers on social media do, buy, or use the same things which he does), used (something that people use again or more than once), sustainable (something that people can use without harming the environment).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.