5G near airports – level 1
US airlines worry about new 5G towers near airports. They say that the towers are dangerous.
Planes use many sensitive tools. For example they use an altimeter. The altimeter shows how high the plane is above the ground. The 5G towers can make problems. The biggest telecommunication companies turn off the 5G towers near airports. Some of the biggest airlines in the world already cancel flights to and from the US.
Thousands of planes fly across the US every day. Officials must quickly find a way to solve the problem. Some airlines worry that their planes will not be able to fly. It can be a big problem for American travelers.
Difficult words: 5G tower (a tall structure that sends the newest and fastest Internet network), sensitive (when something responds to very small changes), telecommunication company (a company which runs phones, Internet, and other things).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.