A bear gets stuck – level 2
A young bear climbed up a power pole in Arizona, US. The animal got stuck in power lines, and it was necessary to turn off the power.
Workers from a utility company arrived at the place, and they tried to get the bear down. They used a special stick so that they did not get hurt. The bear started to bite the stick, but after a while, it started to climb down. Then it quickly ran away. Luckily, the bear did not get hurt.
This is the second time this month when a bear climbed up a power pole in Arizona.
Difficult words: power pole (a tall pole with electric cables or other wires attached to it), power line (a cable which carries electrical power), utility company (a company which supplies electricity, gas, or water to people).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos