A big hole can swallow a house – level 1
A big hole opens in Mexico. The hole is near a house. It is dangerous. The hole is 60 meters wide. The hole is 20 meters deep. Water is inside the hole.
The family from the house is evacuated. Nobody is injured. People must stay away from the area.
The hole is five meters wide when it opens. Then it grows fast.
Now, people want to study why the hole is there. The study can be 30 days long.
Difficult words: evacuate (to take people from a dangerous area), injured (you are injured when your body is broken).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos