A boy beats Tetris – level 1
Willis Gibson is 13 years old. He lives in Oklahoma, the United States. Willis does something amazing. He beats Tetris!
Willis is the first person who beats Tetris. Only a computer does it before him. People always think that it is impossible to beat Tetris. But Willis does it with a score of 999999. He plays for 38 minutes. He reaches level 157.
Willis practices 20 hours a week. He uses an old TV. Willis starts playing Tetris just two years ago. But he quickly becomes one of the best players in the country.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What is the secret to Willis' success in beating Tetris, despite only playing for two years and using an old TV?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.