A Boy Steals a Bus – level 3
An 11-year-old boy stole a school bus and he took it for a joyride in the streets of Baton Rouge, Louisiana, on Sunday morning.
The boy was chased by the police for 45 minutes, and he drove about 13 miles before he crashed the vehicle into a tree. A witness at the scene said that she saw the child giggling behind the wheel as he drove past her.
The boy was arrested and taken into police custody for the theft of the vehicle, aggravated flight, and three counts of aggravated damage to property and assault. Police said that it was unclear how the boy got to the bus, which was reportedly privately owned.
Difficult words: joyride (a ride that is taken for pleasure), aggravated flight (when a driver refuses to stop a vehicle), aggravated damage (when a person causes a lot of damage to something).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos