A bridge collapses – level 1
Pakistan has the most glaciers in the world. As the world is warming, the glaciers are melting.
A heatwave hits Pakistan and India a few weeks ago. Scientists watch one glacier lake. A glacier lake has water from a melted glacier. 40% more water is in the lake.
Suddenly, the lake bursts. Too much water comes out. Water floods an area in northern Pakistan. The water collapses a very old bridge.
Many tourists visit this bridge. The bridge is also a part of an important highway. The highway connects Pakistan and China. Thousands of people can’t leave the area.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.