A cool manoeuvre – level 2
Most airliners normally take off at around 10 to 15 degree angles, but the Boeing 787–9 took off at almost 90 degrees. The amazing manoeuvre took place in Washington State, and it was part of a rehearsal for an air show.
The 787–9, better known as the Dreamliner, is the biggest plane Boeing makes. Boeing says that the manoeuvre shows some of the plane’s capabilities.
Difficult words: manoeuvre (a special way in which something moves), rehearsal (practice), capability (something which you are capable of doing – something which you can do).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this plane?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.