A Flying Cow – level 3
There is an expression ‘if pigs could fly’, but in this story, the cow was flying!
Near Verona, Italy, a cow fell into a ravine and could not get out due to injury, so a helicopter came to airlift it back to a group of cows. The cow looked like it was flying as the helicopter flew it over the ground. Hopefully, it will recover quickly and be back on the ‘moo-ve’ soon.
Difficult words: if pigs could fly (the idea that something impossible will not happen), ravine (a deep river), moo-ve (a pun – a joke on the word ‘moo’ and ‘move’).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos