A girl is born to a mother in a coma – level 1
Szilvia from Hungary must go to hospital. She has Covid-19. She can’t breathe. She is on a ventilator. It is a machine that helps her breathe. Then she is in a coma for many days.
When she comes to hospital, she also gives birth to her daughter. Szilvia can’t care for her daughter because she is in a coma. Her husband Jozsef cares for the baby when his wife is in hospital. His wife is very ill. The doctors don’t know if she can survive.
After 40 days, Szilvia wakes up. She survives. The doctor says that it is a miracle.
Now, Szilvia is OK. She is at home with her husband and her daughter.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.