A lion escapes from a circus – level 1
A lion escapes from a circus. It happens in a town near Rome, Italy.
People must stay home. Police and circus workers try to catch the lion. Rony Vassallo looks after all circus animals. He says that the lion is not dangerous. The animal’s name is Kimba. After several hours, the police catch Kimba. They sedate the animal. The mayor wants to stop using animals in circuses.
Animal groups say that using animals in circuses is not safe. Also, animals are not happy there. In Italy, it is still possible to use animals in circuses. Many people want this to stop.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What is the opinion of circus workers on using animals in circuses?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.