A lion escapes from a circus – level 3
A lion escaped from a circus in Ladispoli, a seaside town near Rome, Italy causing residents to stay indoors.
The mayor Alessandro Grando urged caution as the police and circus staff worked to capture the lion. The animal named Kimba was eventually sedated and captured. Videos circulated online showing the lion wandering through deserted streets. Rony Vassallo, responsible for the circus animals, claimed Kimba posed little danger and expressed concerns about potential harm from fearful residents. In a Facebook post, the mayor thanked emergency services and volunteers, hoping the incident would lead to an end to animal exploitation in circuses.
Animal rights groups emphasized the dangers of using animals in circuses. Italy, yet to implement restrictions, faces calls to ban wild animals in entertainment.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What are the potential dangers of using wild animals in entertainment and do you believe this should be banned?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.