A man fakes his death – level 1
Arthur Knight is from the US. In 2008, he rapes a woman. Later that year, he attacks another woman. A court says that Knight is guilty.
In 2020, Knight fakes his own death. He runs away to Scotland. He pretends to be Nicolas Rossi, a man from Ireland.
Last year, Knight becomes ill. He has the coronavirus. He goes to hospital. Hospital staff see tattoos on Knight’s arms. Then authorities know who the man really is.
US authorities ask Scotland to return Knight to the US. This process is called extradition. Knight will return to the US in March 2023.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.