A man is safe after 12 days in a cave – level 1
Mark Dickey is a caver. He is very good at this activity. He is in Morca Cave, Turkey. He has problems.
Mark gets ill. He has problems with his stomach. Blood comes out of his mouth. He thinks that he will die in the cave. He cannot get out himself. The Turkish government reacts quickly. More than 200 people help rescue Mark. These are people from all world. The mission is difficult. The cave is very deep. It is cold in there. Marks spends 12 days in the cave. In the end, rescuers save him.
Mark and his parents are very happy. They thank everyone for saving Mark’s life.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What challenges did the rescuers face in their mission to save Mark from Morca Cave?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.