A model is not pretty anymore – level 3
Former supermodel Linda Evangelista filed a 50-million-dollar lawsuit over cosmetic procedures that she said left her brutally disfigured and turned her into a someone who stays away from other people.
In the 1990s, the Canadian model was one of the most famous people to be in modeling and on magazine covers. Last week, she said on social media that she had done treatments for fat reduction five years ago on her thighs, abdomen, back, and chin.
She said that she suffered a rare side effect called paradoxical adipose hyperplasia after the procedures. This side effect causes people to develop swelling in the areas that were treated. Evangelista admitted it destroyed her livelihood, as she hadn’t earned anything from modeling since 2016, and it sent her into deep depression.
Evangelista filed the lawsuit against company Zeltiq Aesthetic for negligence, misleading advertising, and saying that the company failed to warn customers of the possible side effects.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.