A new diabetes test – level 1
Australian scientists make a new diabetes test. A diabetes test checks the level of blood sugar in the body. Blood sugar gives you energy.
The scientists believe that their test is very special. It looks like a strip. The test does not hurt. It checks the blood sugar from saliva.
An enzyme is inside the strip. The enzyme turns the blood sugar into a signal. A special device reads the signal. This way to test is different from any other tests.
The test does not use any electronic devices. It uses ink. It means that it is easy to make the test. People can print it. It is fast and cheap.
Difficult words: diabetes (a disease when there is too much or too little blood sugar in the body), saliva (the water in the mouth which helps people eat food), enzyme (a material in the body which makes some things happen faster).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos