A smart plaster – level 1
Three Polish students invent a smart plaster. The plaster is called SmartHEAL. It has a special sensor in it. This sensor can show doctors how a wound is healing. This work is very important for doctors and patients.
Some wounds take a long time to heal. Doctors take off the plaster often. They need to check how the wound is healing. Sadly, the check is not good for the wound. It hurts, too. The smart plaster can stay on the skin for a long time.
The students win an award for the plaster. They get 35,000 dollars. They will use the money to test the plaster on real patients. They hope to start selling the plaster in 2025.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.