A Theme Park Is Changing – level 2
In 2020, a theme park in Hong Kong had to close because of the coronavirus. For the year, the park was closed for more than 200 days. It is open now again, but the park owners must limit the number of visitors by 25%.
The chairman of the park said that the current situation was a chance for the park to find new ways to attract visitors. The park is located on the coast and there is a lot of greenery, which makes it possible to do activities like glamping, which is a form of camping, but it is more comfortable. Visitors can also do yoga in an aquarium.
Tourists cannot travel to Hong Kong now, so it is necessary to make the park more attractive for local people. The chairman said that it could take years to return to the situation before the coronavirus started.
Difficult words: owner (a person who has something and it belongs to him), limit (to allow less of something), chairman (the highest officer or worker in a company), greenery (a green areas with plants and trees).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.