A Very Young Influencer – level 2
Sirio is a seven-year-old boy from Italy. He cannot speak and he cannot feed himself, but it did not stop him from becoming a social media star. He has become one of Italy’s youngest influencers.
His mother Valentina runs Sirio’s Instagram page. She said that she wanted to tell the story of a disabled person differently. Valentina said that it was difficult to accept her son’s disability, but she was lucky to get help from other people. With the right help, her son started living a good life. She met many families who were in a similar situation and they supported each other.
Sirio’s parents understood that it was very important to show that their son enjoyed his life. People are usually sorry for disabled people and they think that disabled people cannot live a good life.
Difficult words: influencer (a person who affects many other people’s lives by what he does and says), disabled (a person who cannot use a part of his body properly or he cannot learn easily), disability (the health situation of a person when he cannot do some things or activities).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.