A woman with a double womb gives birth to twins – level 3
A woman in Alabama, the United States, with a rare condition resulting in two uteri, recently gave birth to healthy twin girls.
Kelsey Hatcher and her husband Caleb welcomed Roxi Layla and Rebel Laken at the University of Alabama at Birmingham Hospital. The unique pregnancy, termed dicavitary, had a one-in-a-million chance of occurring. Hatcher’s obstetrician expressed surprise at the rare scenario. The high-risk pregnancy led to induction at 39 weeks, culminating in a 20-hour labor resulting in both babies being born, one vaginally and the other via C-section.
Although typically twins share one uterus, the medical team labeled them as fraternal twins. Hatcher looks forward to sharing the complete birth story while cherishing family time during the holidays.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What was the outcome of the high-risk twin pregnancy and how did the mother, Kelsey Hatcher, feel about sharing her story?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.