Abba is back – level 2
Abba is a Swedish band that has two singers and two songwriters who started working together in 1972.
In 1974, Abba won the Eurovision Song Contest, and after that, the band became popular around the world. Benny Andersson, Agnetha Fӓltskog, Anni-Frid Lyngstad and Bjӧrn Ulvaeus sold almost 400 million singles and albums worldwide.
In 2018, they met in a studio again, and they promised two new songs. Later, they decided to do a whole album, but there was a long delay. The band announced that they would release the album Voyage on November 5th.
There will be a special concert in London, England, where holograms of the artists will sing alongside a live band. Fans will also get the chance to see a video on the band’s comeback.
Difficult words: release (to make something available to the public to watch or buy), hologram (a virtual image), comeback (when a well-known person returns to the activity in which he was successful in the past).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos