Accident on a highway in China – level 2
A truck’s tyre became loose on a highway in China and it rolled forward.
On that same highway, a woman stopped her car at a hard shoulder to stretch. She didn’t know about the tyre, and it hit her, unfortunately. It knocked her off the road. Doctors diagnosed her with three fractures and she is now in hospital.
Police said that both the truck driver and the woman were responsible for the incident.
Difficult words: tyre (the round part on a car or truck that helps the car or truck move), loose (not fixed in one place), hard shoulder (a long space alongside a highway for emergency stopping).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think of this incident?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.